Sunday, February 21, 2010

Kates Playground 2010 Képek

problem with Freebox WiFi

This is a quick ticket to prevent others remain blocked by the problem I met with my FreeBox.

The symptom is more or less straightforward: unable to join the WiFi network of its own FreeBox. The network is actually visible, but when typing the WEP / WAP that was on the interface of its Freebox HD, the connection is refused. It may even be too long to enter a key greater than 63 characters are expected (but then, following interface will be used or not warned).

happen to my WiFi network works, I have another PC connected which attests.

The cause of the problem is the interface of the Freebox HD: I prefer to use it Rather than using the web interface FreeBox. The interface of the Freebox HD is available on the TV after pressing the button on the remote FreeBox then you go to Settings. Heading WiFi, says the key to the network. The current firmware version has a bug for characters> but I guess that's true for \u0026lt;: it does not display properly, replacing them with html: & & gt and I guess lt. The result

races: you enter a wrong key will be too long (exceeding the limit of 63 characters).

The correct solution is definitely go through the web interface of your FreeBox: http://subscribe.free.fr/login/ . This requires first to connect via an Ethernet cable to the Freebox. Enter the address, then click Internet and finally select the link "Set up my WiFi network.

The value of your WAP key is located at the bottom of your page. Simply copy and paste the password required for your WiFi network. once finished you can disconnect the Ethernet cable.

I hope that this post will help other Free users. And to think I almost blame Windows 7!

0 comments:

Post a Comment