Monday, October 4, 2010

Short Sympathy Comments

markers

As usual, I awoke to the sound of the radio. The buzz then accompanies the customary breakfast, topics journalists punctuate the flow of minutes with benchmarks, so that we are all dressed, brushed, cleaned up, on the hour, ready to begin our day. This morning, my attention was suddenly caught by a sensitive word: smell. I interrupt my activities and is listening to the commentary. The story concerns the training of police dogs to remember, and then recognize the smell of "bad" on the crime scene. Obviously, the bad guys do not develop a characteristic odor, but each has its own individual olfactory identity, like a fingerprint. Dogs make the distinction. Man, no. Finally, except in our immediate and familiar. I know the specific smell of my children than my boyfriend, my parents ... But I'm not aware of that from my grocer. Unless it becomes my lover, but that is another story that I do not wish to dwell, I do not wish to have trouble with my dear husband. Thus, I can recognize a blind near the smell of her skin. But I do not identify a simple relationship, an office colleague for example. I'm not talking about perfume, but the smell of our skin. Dogs, however, have the ability to identify and store hundreds of scented markers of unknown persons. It makes them sniff a tube in which was kept the smell of thug, and hop, hop, trot, he's that takes you to the lair of the criminal. Aha, caught to sweat!
With a little practice a perfumer could he ... no, really, no interest. I abandon all silly rantings. Otherwise, to make a character in detective fiction.
Imagine a guy like Cyrano nose boat, which picks up and gets everything that passes under Blair. Hands behind his back, face bent, it sucks the fluids of victims, protagonists, sniffing the atmosphere, the atmosphere of places. He noted a smell of dried skin under the nails painted in the switchboard, a remnant of curd on the blouse of the stepmother, he also discovered on the carpet where the victim git. He notes and identifies a strong smell of whiskey 20 years old, who escapes from an overturned glass on the desktop, but the lips of the victim are not moist, and wham! The culprit is the duo Secretary / stepmother. Explanations. The operator has the blood boiled up pov 'type accidentally stumbled on the carpet, by giving him his morning coffee. Panicked, she tried to dry with a Kleenex, her boss. But tiny fragments of skin were torn, and the dermis has slipped under her fingernails. While the step-doche glad to get rid of that bulky man immediately responded, and camouflaged the case in a common accident alcohol.
Well, I know, all this does not hold the road very well: it is difficult to kill someone with a hot latte. But hey. It is an attempt to set the scene. The first steps of a new character in the strange world of Beacons ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment