Thursday, October 21, 2010

Unknown Name Unknown Number Calls

Coffee

Rendezvous caught in a pub on the corner of Paris. Whatever the station, there is always a purlin, a few tables and chairs to accommodate us. A small black bar, an espresso in the dining room, a café terrace, time passes. My appointment is overdue. I jinx around. The narrow street is strewn with autumn walkers who musardent and enjoy the rays of sun still tender. The scent of coffee tickles my nostrils. Warm and severe. Velvety and burned. Short breakaway. I remember a book written by Vicki Baum (1888-1960), which I forgot the title. The story takes place in the United States, circa 30, in a very poor family. The mother prepares coffee, which costs a fortune, and carefully distributes a small cup each family member. The bodies stretched in their chairs, while the single sip burning is scrupulously savored and remembered, long popular on the tongue. A girl, however, does not drink his coffee. She gets up and flip the cup over the sink, his face looked on the tiny and short dark waterfall. She is enjoying the amazing fragrance. What a waste, cry the family! And the mother replied that everyone has the right to enjoy his coffee as he sees fit. I had experienced in reading these lines, the same reaction that shocked the whole family feel is so brief and fleeting when the act is a matter of taste of food. Feel is useless. The smell escapes without a trace. Error. I was then a cowardly reaction. Thereafter I totally forgot this book, its history and its protagonists, but I preserved the memory of the smell guilty. The smell pleasure. Often odors are responsible for shame. Those that are concealed, those that are leaking, those who make us blush. When they inspire a feeling hedonistic, they are popular with amateurs, claimed by connoisseurs, but once reviled during periods of insecurity, downward mobility, not to mention a few hiccups religions. Smell is a godsend, a fragile moment of fleeting enjoyment. Curiosity and tolerance. In fact, this girl took and offered the mildest of resistance to adversity. I took years to be estimated. I taste more odors since.
My nose over my cup, I realize once again the richness of this sensual fragrance unique and identifiable. And then as I see every time the taste is not as tasty, just sharp and acidic. But he did not come to mind to empty my cup on the cup to nourish myself corona. I prefer to let my trainer nose, taste and fragrance harsh and severe decomposition of leaves, the woody, spicy Italian trend, the toilet water from my neighbor at the table, the smell of leek broth underarm Server which passes air stream, the scent shampoo loop, the Poodle Lady, who has been groomed. Tien, he raises his leg and sprayed the bonnet of the car: dirty urine, the mixture is strange. Small messages, quiet hobby. Go and goings of passers-by. A shadow bows, sweet smell of coconut, bitter nicotine, my appointment has arrived. An excellent reason to use a coffee.
for flora and our appointment postponed indefinitely ... I do not despair to achieve one day. And for all those moments on a corner coffee table chatting, reading, or to dream ...









0 comments:

Post a Comment